Below is my awesome pizza dough recipe. I found it from some site on the internet that is now gone (I have the google cache page saved somewhere..). This will make an ugly monstrosity of a pizza but it will be SO DELICIOUS. Here's a photo. Note that this recipe will technically make 2 pizzas but you could also just make one big ass pizza, see below:
Ingredients You Need
- 2 Cups Very Warm Water (NOT BOILING!!)
- 4+ tbsp honey (be liberal with this!)
- 3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic power
- 1/2 tsp onion power (can substitute 2x the garlic powder)
- 4 1/2 cups flour (prefer king arthur)
- 3 tsp yeast (quick rise)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Follow these steps to make the delicious crust!
- Combine ingredients above into a single bowl. EXCEPT THE OLIVE OIL!! Don't add this yet
- Mix until it's a single ball. It will be really sticky. Like cement.
- If it doesn't form a ball, add more flour. Likewise, if it's a ball of flour as dense as the sun, add a bit more water.
- Move the bowl / blob of sticky crust cement into a BATH OF OLIVE OIL
- Let it rise for like 45-60 minutes. It helps to put it near a heat source. I've found that the warmer it is, the faster it will rise.
- You will have enough crust in the bowl for two pizzas. Take a knife or whatever and split it in half. Lay the crust out on a pizza stone or whatever you have and spread it with your fingers. Spread only with your fingers, don't do any crazy stuff like throwing it or smashing it too much. Be gentle.
- Preheat your oven to 475
- Pre-bake the crust for 7 mins on 475
- Pull crust out of oven. It should be tad bit crispy. Add sauce + toppings.
- Cook for 12-15 mins on 475.
- Let cool for a few mins, slice, and eat. It should be very dense and delicious and hopefully rise nicely.
- The above recipe will make two pizzas. If you are awesome, you will just make one giant pizza with all the dough. IT WILL BE SO DENSE AND AWESOME.